Make-Up, Cancellation and Refund
The scope of this policy includes;
- Make-Up lessons
- Cancellations and notification requirements
- Suspended lessons
Make-Up for missed lessons
- A Make-Up lesson will be offered if Kingswim is notified of an absence, for any reason, prior to the start of the swimmers lesson for that day.
- Make-Up lessons for absenteeism must be taken within four (4) weeks of the missed lesson. Make-Up lessons can be carried over a break or be redeemed in a Fast Track program as long as it falls within four (4) weeks of regular lessons.
- Replacement lessons will be offered for some public holiday closures and in the event of a pool or lesson closure due to an issue outside of Kingswim’s control e.g. plant room issues or staffing issues. In these cases, replacement lessons can be taken up to three (3) months after the closure.
- Swimmers must have an active enrolment to take a Make-Up lesson. Make-Up lessons cannot be exchanged for a refund or credit, and expire after the current month if not taken, unless approved by Kingswim Management.
- Make-Up lessons can only be offered where a suitable place is available, either due to a notified absence or suspension.
- Accrued Make-Ups apply to the individual swimmer only and are not transferrable.
- A Make-Up lesson cannot be re-scheduled after the booking has been made. If the Make-Up lesson is cancelled or unattended, the lesson will be forfeited.
- Make-Up lessons will not be given if a lesson is missed during the Fast Track Holiday program.
Suspension of Lessons
- Lessons can be suspended, in advance, for a minimum of two (2) weeks and a maximum of four (4) weeks at any one time with a maximum of eight (8) lessons per year.
- Suspended lessons will be charged at $5.00 per lesson.
- Suspended lesson charges will be added to the monthly payment run in which the lesson falls.
- If an absence is due to a medical reason, families can either use Make-Ups as a replacement lesson for short periods missed or apply a suspension fee for extended periods missed to hold the suitable lesson time.
Cancellations and Refunds
- As per 3.2 and 3.3 of the Kingswim Direct Debit Request Service Agreement, families may cancel their enrolment by giving us one (1) months’ notice.
- Direct debits are paid up until the 14th of the month and Kingswim can cancel enrolment from this date in lieu of one (1) months’ notice.
- In situations where families cannot swim the remainder of the month out they can take the remaining swims as Make-Ups.
- No refunds will be given for cancelled lessons.
- Refunds will only be issued if Kingswim is responsible for an error, e.g. have overcharged an account.
- Credits will only be issued at Kingswim’s discretion due to exceptional circumstances.
- Credits given at Kingswim’s discretion will be valid for three (3) months from the cancellation date.
- Credits can only be used for our Learn to Swim programs at our centre.
Legislative and Industry Requirements
- This policy has been developed and is supported by the following documents; Consumer Affairs Victoria – Australian Consumer Law Guide – Avoiding unfair business practices – Refunds and Credit Notes.
- Notified absence – a one-off notification of the inability of a swimmer to attend a lesson Cancelled lessons – permanently cancelled from all classes within Kingswim programs
- Enrolment – an active booking in a perpetual lesson
- Make-Up lesson – a replacement lesson for a notified absence
- Suspended lessons – active enrolment has been placed on hold for a period of time at a cost per lesson